Saturday, June 9, 2007

From Boston to London, Bahrain, Muscat and then finally Bangladesh after 27 hours :)

It was an interesting journey to say the least. I started out next to an eccentric Irish man who kept laughing to himself for most of our 7 hour plane ride to london! Before I write anything else about him, I just have to write about how this was the first time, they decided not to harrass me at Logan! Lol interestingly, they did stop me for a second security check right before we were about to board the plane but the security men who had opened my bag were too distracted discussing a book in my bag, "Catch me if you can" that I had borrowed from Becky to read on the plane. The only question they ended up asking me before zipping up my bag was to ask if I had watched the movie. If any of you are interested, it was highly recommended by quite a few people on my various flights.

I found out a bit later that it had been the American concept of size that was amusing my fellow Irish passenger. He kept talking about how size 40 in America was huge! Lol I joined in on his laughter but frankly I couldnt understand cos I had just bought some stuff for my dad that were size 40! Maybe it's the Irish who have strange measurements? Oh dear! And the other thing he kept talking about was how fatty the food was and guess what??!? We got these delicious oreo cheese cakes with our dinner and he kept making faces at me while I ate it all!

Lol anyway yah so after I got to heathrow, I stood in line for 3 hours since my flight to Muscat was cancelled due to cyclone warnings and I had to hop onto another plane going to Bahrain and then finally transferred from there to Muscat. After another delay in Muscat for 5 hours, I finally reached Bangladesh at 1130 in the morning.

Ive been asleep more hours then awake since I have been home so I really don't have much to say about it as yet. Ive been waking up at 3 am and sleeping from 12 noon to 6pm. I want to say the weather's been lovely cos it feels like home but all the crazy rain and thunderstorms have caused flooding and made too many people homeless. At the same time everything's green and smells clean and there are kids playing in the rain water everywhere on the streets :) Im trying to take photos to send you guys some soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FYI...........dat is if i may say so....we had 2 wait 4 u fr almost 5 hrs at da airport!!!!!!